Cell Phone Safety
Primus would like to encourage all of our Wireless customers to know their Provincial laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving. Please consider the following safety precautions:
1. Do not dial your phone when you are driving. Wait until you have stopped
or pull over to the side of the road.
2. Never take notes while driving.
3. Consider having/installing a hands-free headset or speakerphone in your
car so you can keep both hands on the wheel.
4. In dangerous driving conditions, consider letting Primus Wireless Voice Mail
service take a message for you. You can always retrieve the message at a
more convenient time.
What is E911? Enhanced 911 (E911) is a new computer-aided system that will allow operators to respond more quickly and accurately when you call for help.
Phase One E911 provides emergency operators with your phone number to call you back in case the connection is lost and the area where you’re located via the wireless network antenna receiving your call. You must still provide your exact location.
Any customer registered on the Primus Wireless network in an area served by E911 will have access to E911 service. This includes Primus customers in their local area and Primus customers visiting another area in Canada.
In the future, Phase Two E911 will provide operators with even more precise information about your location in an emergency. These improvements will help emergency teams assist you better when every second counts.
Here are a few facts and things to bear in mind about 911 service with Primus Wireless.
* 911 calls are free of charge. Primus does not charge you for airtime or long distance. Like all wireless subscribers in Canada, however, you pay a monthly access charge for the 911 system.
* Calls to 911 from your Primus phone are subject to the same limitations as regular wireless calls. So if you’re underground or too far from a wireless network antenna, the quality of your call may be affected, or you may not be able to connect to the network.
* In areas where 911 service is provided by the municipality or province, the local public safety access point will answer 911 calls. In areas where 911 service is not provided, calls to 911 will be automatically routed to a local authority best suited to handle the situation.
* Always remember that 911 services are reserved for emergency situations only. For assistance in non-emergency situations, please contact your local police office.
How to report an emergency
1. Immediately tell the operator that you’re calling from a wireless phone and
provide your 10-digit phone number. At all times, stay calm and speak
2. Give the details of the emergency.
3. Remain on the line and follow all instructions provided by the emergency
4. After the emergency operator ends the call, leave your wireless handset
turned on in case the operator needs to call you back.
Do not program 911 into the speed-dial feature of your Primus phone as it may result in accidental calls placed to 911.
Due to some recent pricing changes from our network partner, Primus Wireless is increasing prices for U.S. Roaming and E911 effective August 1/06 and September 1/06, respectively.
US Roaming pricing will change as follows:
Local call – $0.95 per minute
Incoming call - $1.20 per minute
Long distance call to Canada or the US - $1.70 per minute
Long distance call to international - $0.95 per minute + long distance
* Please note that airtime applies to all roaming calls
Please visit www.primus.ca/wireless/roaming for full details on pricing and coverage.
Please note that E911 calls are still free.
Good news! Primus Wireless has taken steps to simplify international
roaming prices. With the introduction of 5 international roaming
zones, you’ll benefit from a single rate by call type in each zone. This
will help to simplify your invoice and make budgeting for roaming easier.
You’ll also notice that depending on the network roamed on, roaming
charges in some commonly traveled areas like the U.K., France and Germany
have decreased while rates in other countries have slightly increased.
Please note that international long distance calling is not automatically
included with roaming. To find out how to activate this feature,
please contact customer service at 1-888-216-6624.
Please visit www.primustel.ca/wireless/roaming for
full details on pricing and coverage
GPRS (Data) Services
Pay-per-use (PPU) GPRS usage in Canada will now be billed at 5¢ per
kilobyte (Kb). As well, a minimum usage charge of 4Kb will apply,
with additional usage billed in 1Kb increments.
Outside Canada and the US, a minimum usage charge of 10Kb will apply,
with additional usage billed in 10Kb increments.
If you have any questions, please contact customer service at 1 800 806-3273
Due to cost increases from our network partner, prices for wireless
international long distance calls made from Canada are increasing. However,
long distance calls made within Canada and to the U.S. remain unchanged
at 9¢ per minute (rates in NWT, Alaska and Hawaii are slightly higher). 9¢ per
minute still represents the best direct-dialed wireless long distance
rate in Canada.
To activate international long distance calling from your Primus Wireless
cell phone or to find out specific rates, please contact Customer Service
at 1 800 806-3273
While a price increase for international long distance calls is regrettable, Primus Wireless is committed to providing you with the best possible value. We thank you for choosing Primus.